POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP5 : Re: volcano WIP5 Server Time
18 May 2024 23:07:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP5
From: Tek
Date: 18 Feb 2006 15:47:28
Message: <43f787e0$1@news.povray.org>
Good suggestion, but to make this shot work I've had to cheat and stick the
camera inside a 1m hole carved into the ocean. i.e. a real camera couldn't
get this view because the camera is actually quite a long way above the
surface of the water -which is how come we can see the top but not the
bottom of the water surface- and if I make it lower it totally destroys the
composition. So, water droplets would have to be 1m away to be consistent,
which would only serve to emphasize the trickery that I'm doing.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com